The horror of every new indie: how to sell your books also known as book marketing. Now, since I haven’t published my first indie book yet I can’t give you any personal advice. I can, however, tell you that I’ve been doing a lot of research on the matter for the past several months and I wanted to share this with other indies.
There are endless sites about this subject, but here are my favorite sites so far:
1. The Creative penn. A must read. Don’t question it, just read.
2. Creative indie: Lot’s of useful articles on it, (though less search friendly as the Creative penn).
3. Jane Friedman: Great blog, lots of info.
4. Instafreebie: maybe you’ve already heard about it since it seemed like (almost) everybody but me already knew about this site. But, if you’re a newbie like me, then check it out. It’s a great way to gather an e-mail list and put your book out there to a large audience.
5. Just Publishing Advice: great resources about marketing but also about various things like publishing.
6. Facebook groups: I haven’t added a link to a specific facebook group because there are so many of them and you should just search the one that appeals to you most. You have groups for indie authors of urban fantasy, thrillers, romance etc. This is the place I’ve learned the most so far. So, join a facebook group today!
Hope these sites will be of some help to you. Have other useful links? Please drop it in the comments or mail me.